- This event has passed.
State of MaaS/MOD from a Transportation Professionals’ Perspective Moving Toward On-Demand Transportation Options
June 24 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm UTC-5$49.00
When: Thursday, June 24, 2021 — 2:00 – 3:30 PM ET
This webinar is led by the ITE MaaS/MOD Steering Committee.
This webinar will share lessons learned and next steps for from practitioners participating working on Mobility on Demand (MOD) and Mobility as a Service (MaaS) on the ground to advance transportation options and availability for system users. You will hear from the city of Arlington, Texas, town of Innifil, Ontario, Canada, and the state of Vermont on various MaaS/MOD projects they have recently deployed to improve transportation option from all road users.
The city of Arlington, Texas will highlight partnerships with mobility providers to expand on-demand transportation city-wide and introducing automated vehicle shuttles to their on-demand fleet.
The town of Innisfil, Ontario, Canada will outline why the city of Innisfil partnered with a mobility provider for an on-demand transit system instead of fixed route. They will highlight how the system operated before, and will explain what steps are taken to expand additional transportation services in the future.
The state of Vermont will highlight how they set up an integrated trip planning platform, augmented General Transit Feed Specification (GTFS) to GTFS Flex, and what the next steps are for a statewide OnDemand program.
During this webinar, you will also hear results from the ITS America and University of California Berkeley MaaS/MOD Practitioner Survey conducted in late 2020.
Attendees of this webinar will be able to:
- Explain how MaaS/MOD and on-demand services improve urban and rural transportation options.
- Identify new concepts that have been implemented successfully to enable planning a complete trip for system users.
- Outline where OnDemand services make more sense than fixed route bus service and what the criteria are to choose for these types of services.
- Highlight the state of MaaS/MOD projects and practices from a transportation professionals’ experiences
- Adam Cohen, Senior Research Manager | University of California, Berkeley | Berkeley, CA, USA
- Ann Foss, AICP, Principal Planner | City of Arlington | Arlington, VA, USA
- Paul Pentikainen, AICP, Senior Policy Planner | Town of Innisfil | Innisfil, Ontario, Canada
- Ross MacDonald | State of Vermont | Vermont, USA
Arjan van Andel, Transit Partnerships | Uber
ITE Members: $49.00
This fee includes a live web event, an archived recording, webinar evaluation, 1.5 PDH/CM credits, and a certificate of completion.
ITE is offering as a member benefit a group pricing opportunity. If you are an ITE Member and want to sign up a group, you can do so at a discount. To learn more and take advantage of this opportunity click here.