- This event has passed.
TRB Webinar: What’s New in the HCM7 and Why It Matters
June 7, 2022 @ 10:30 am - 1:00 pm UTC-5$100.00
Click here to register.
TRB has released the Highway Capacity Manual, Seventh Edition: A Guide for Multimodal Mobility Analytics (HCM7). TRB’s fundamental reference for concepts, performance measures, and analysis techniques, the manual offers methods for evaluating the multimodal operation of streets, highways, freeways, and off-street paths. TRB will host a webinar on Tuesday, June 7, 2022 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. EDT that will provide an overview of new methods in HCM7, highlight new research integrated into the latest version of the manual, and explore how the new methods impact practitioners.
This is the first of a three-part series on the new HCM7. Part 2 will cover new facilities and systems methods in HCM7 in the series on July 14, and Part 3 in the series will address new multimodal methods in the manual on August 3.
This webinar is sponsored by the TRB Standing Technical Committee on Highway Capacity and Quality of Service.
Registration is free for employees of TRB sponsors as well as Titanium and Cobalt Global Affiliates. The registration rate for all other attendees is $100. Sign into MyTRB.org to view registration information. Contact Patrice Davenport to inquire about becoming a TRB sponsor or global affiliate organization.
A recording will be sent to all registrants after the webinar.
Webinar agenda and presenters
- General overview: new methods and format – Bastian Schroeder, Kittleson and Associates
- New two-lane highway method, freeway-arterial systems method, and arterial active traffic management method – Behzad Aghdashi, McTrans Center, University of Florida
- Updated pedestrian methods; and new methods and applications for connected and automated vehicles (CAV) – Bastin Schroeder
- Question and answer session – Tom Creasey, Caliper Corporation
The first 60 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Assess new materials and methods contained in HCM7 and understand the differences from prior versions of the manual
- Identify new facilities and systems that can be analyzed using HCM7 methods
- Utilize new and existing multimodal methods in HCM7
- Assess the potential impacts of on roadway capacity
Professional Development Hour Information
Professional engineers (PEs) who register and attend the entire webinar as an individual will be awarded 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs). TRB’s webinar program awards PDH credits only to the registered individual, and not to other members of a group that view the webinar together. To be eligible for the credits, individuals must remain signed in for the entire webinar, including for any question and answer session following the presentations.
Please check with your licensing board to ensure that TRB webinar PDHs are approved by your board.
TRB will report credits earned to the Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP). Complaints about registered providers may be sent to RCEP, 1015 15th Street, NW, 8th Floor, Washington, D.C., 20005.
Pre-registration is required. Once the webinar starts, you will be unable to register. Individuals that are registered for a webinar but do not receive their confirmation emails due to their organization’s internal firewalls should contact the TRB Helpdesk for assistance in signing in.