- This event has passed.
Vulnerable Road User Safety at Signalized Intersections
February 23, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm EST$49
When: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 — 2:00 – 3:30 PM ET
This webinar was developed by the ITE Vision Zero Standing Committee.
Vulnerable road users make up an increasing proportion of the fatalities and serious injuries occurring on our transportation network. This webinar will highlight the application of countermeasures at signalized intersections to improve the safety of vulnerable road users, in particular pedestrians and bicyclists. Speakers from San Francisco, Portland, Oakland and Vancouver, Canada will present successful approaches to planning, design, operation and implementation of effective intersection treatments. Examples may include the use of leading pedestrian intervals (LPIs), signal timing changes such as flashing yellow and red-light arrows, and other low-cost physical treatments.
This webinar will provide practical information and design approach guidance for public agency and private practice individuals dedicated to improving the safety of vulnerable road users at signalized intersections.
Attendees of this webinar will be able to:
- Provide a planning-level overview to support countermeasure selection based on local context.
- Discuss specific treatments that are available for improving the safety of vulnerable road users at signalized intersections.
- Share lessons learned from implemented treatments that can be translated to other communities.
- Peter Koonce, PE, Principal Engineer | Portland Bureau of Transportation | Portland, OR, USA
- Tom Maguire, Director of Streets Division | San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency | San Francisco, CA, USA
- Liliana Quintero, Senior Transportation Engineer, Traffic & Data Management Branch | City of Vancouver | Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Carrie Modi, AICP, Bicycle & Pedestrian Practice Leader | Fehr & Peers | Oakland, CA, United States
- Amanda Pushka, RSP, Road Safety Engineer | MicroTraffic | Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
ITE Members: $49.00
This fee includes a live web event, an archived recording, webinar evaluation, 1.5 PDH credits, and a certificate of completion.
ITE is offering as a member benefit a group pricing opportunity. If you are an ITE Member and want to sign up a group, you can do so at a discount.