- This event has passed.
What’s New in the 7th Edition of HCM – Highway Capacity Manual (2022)
October 12, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm UTC+0Free
This webinar is led by McTrans Center and delivered by ITE.
Click here to register.
This webinar is developed for transportation professionals who want to understand the major changes in the methods published in the 7th Edition (2022) of the Highway Capacity Manual (HCM).
Experienced instructors who were directly involved in developing or peer-reviewing the new methods will provide a comprehensive summary of the major changes in the new methods, highlighting their applications, required inputs, and expected outputs.
- Methods for forecasting the effects of connected and automated vehicles (CAVs) on the capacity of freeways, signalized intersections, and roundabouts
- A completely updated two-lane highway analysis method
- A new Network Analysis method that allows the analysis of multiple facilities, as well as the analysis of queue spillback effects from one facility to another (e.g., from urban streets to freeways)
- A new pedestrian level of service measure for uncontrolled pedestrian crossings that are sensitive to the type(s) of safety countermeasures provided
- New signalized intersection pedestrian delay methods for two-stage crossings, two-leg crossings, closed pedestrian crossings, exclusive pedestrian phases, and more
- Analytical evaluation methods for urban street active transportation and demand management (ATDM) measures
- Be familiar with the methodological changes in the HCM 7th Edition
- Understand the applications of the new methods for real-world use cases
- Stay up to date with new features provided by the HCM and HCS
Policies: Registration for this webinar closes 30 minutes prior to start. The webinar recording will be made available on-demand it will have a shelf life of 60 days to register before it is archived. Participants are able to purchase and retrieve their PDH credit certificate until their access to the content expires. After the content expires and goes into archive, the PDH credit certificate opportunity is forfeited.
To learn how to purchase your PDH Certificates and see more information about the webinar including fees and on-demand access, please view the webinar course page here.