- This event has passed.
Contracting Approaches for ITS and Transportation Technology Useful for Small and Rural Community Applications
January 24 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm UTC-5Free
One of the biggest challenges in deploying advanced traffic management and control systems is the procurement process. This webinar explores different innovative approaches to prioritizing, contracting, and procuring ITS technology, software, and services that may be implemented in rural and small communities.
Click here to register.
Attendees of this webinar will be able to:
- Understand how potential rural and small community TSMO, signals, and ITS projects can fit into a State Transportation Improvement Program evaluation and prioritization methodology
- Describe how values-based contracting partnerships support innovative solutions whose requirements are hard to define and/or rapidly changing in the TSMO, ITS, and connected/automated vehicle field.
- Identify the best uses, advantages, and disadvantages of different procurement strategies for ITS devices, software and services.
- Mary Schmidt, Director for Advancing Equity, Metro District North Area, Special Projects, Minnesota DOT
- Amy Worzella, ITS Engineer/SISP Program Manager, Bureau of Transportation Operations, Wisconsin DOT
ITE Members: Free
Registration for webinar includes the live event, an archived recording with access for 30 days to each registrant. If you are a non-member of ITE you will need to create an account to register. You can create an account here.
Instructions and link will be provided at the conclusion of the live event. Participants are able to purchase and retrieve their certificate until their access to the content expires. After the content expires and goes into archive, the certificate opportunity is forfeit.