- This event has passed.
History and Future of ITS: Past Deployments and Emerging Challenges and Opportunities
September 22, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm UTC+0Free
When: Wednesday, September 22, 2021 — 2:00 – 3:30 PM ET
This webinar was sponsored by ITS Professional Capacity Building Program, ITS Joint Program Office, U.S. Department of Transportation
Supported by U.S. DOT, the Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) ePrimer provides transportation professionals with fundamental concepts and practices related to ITS technologies. Since its initial release in 2013, this resource has been widely used by public and private agencies and educational institutions. In 2020, the USDOT initiated an update to several ITS ePrimer modules to keep up with the significant technological advances that occurred in the ITS world. This free webinar includes presentations on the updated Module 1: Introduction to ITS and the new Module 16: Emerging Opportunities and Challenges.
Module 1– Introduction to ITS will provide an introduction to ITS and an overview of the ITS ePrimer content. The overview will look at the history and current status of ITS applications and technology. A summary of the content presented in the ITS ePrimer will be presented, including recently developed modules and upcoming revisions to existing modules.
Module 16-Emerging Opportunities and Challenges describes key “Fourth Industrial Revolution” (4IR) technologies that are presenting new challenges and opportunities for the transportation professional. With the nation’s aggressive new efforts at the start of the second decade of the 21st century to fix and rebuild its infrastructure, transportation professionals have a truly unique opportunity to leverage 4IR technologies to innovate smarter, more resilient, sustainable transportation systems for the future.
Attendees of this webinar will be able to:
- Understand the history and current status of ITS in the US
- Become familiar with the content of the ITS ePrimer
- Understand how rapid developments in data, computing, and telecommunications are changing fundamental assumptions in transportation demand, supply, and operational management and offering more efficient and effective ways to build and operate transportation systems; and
- Define ITS use cases for 4IR technologies so that transportation professionals can properly define, engineer, and implement intelligent transportation systems (ITS) programs and projects.
- Tentative Introductory Remarks: Egan Smith, P.E. PTOE PTP, Managing Director, Intelligent Transportation Systems Joint Program Office | U.S. Department of Transportation
- Pat Noyes, Principal | Pat Noyes & Associates
- Eva Lerner-Lam, F.ITE, M.ASCE | Palisades Consulting Group, Inc
Moderator: Pat Noyes, Principal | Pat Noyes & Associates
Free to Register
You must have an account to access the webinar. If you do not already have an ITE account, Create an Account here.
This fee includes a live web event, an archived recording, webinar evaluation, 1.5 PDH credits, and a certificate of completion.