- This event has passed.
McTrans Course: Transportation Equity Fundamentals I
October 24, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - October 25, 2022 @ 5:30 pm UTC+0$400 – $500
Click here to register.
ITE has established a new partnership with the McTrans Center at the University of Florida Transportation Institute (UFTI). The McTrans Center (UFTI) is a unique organization of university and industry partners work to further the goals of safety and reliability in the transportation system through training and education in transportation technology. Its primary mission is to educate professionals in the use of the Highway Capacity Software (HCS) tool.
ITE Members receive a 20% discount on select courses by registering through ITE Learning Hub.
When: October 24-25, 2022 | 1:00 pm – 5:30 pm | Eastern Time
This program consists of the following two courses:
- Transportation Equity Fundamentals I (8 hours)
- Transportation Equity Fundamentals II (8 hours)
This program is designed to provide transportation engineers with a transportation equity perspective and knowledge on how they can use the equity principles in their day-to-day work. High-level content covered in these two courses are:
Transportation Equity Fundamental I:
- Types of equity and their implications: health, gender, race, etc.
- Incorporate health and social equity into transportation planning and engineering design
- Strategies to mitigate potential adverse impacts of transportation projects on equity
- How to develop an effective and inclusive community outreach program
Transportation Equity Fundamental II:
- Principles of accessibility-based transportation planning
- Evaluation tools and performance indicators for measuring progress toward equity goals
- Multimodal planning as a means to create affordable transportation systems
- Case studies of successful initiatives and notable practices on transportation equity
- Participants will be provided with an opportunity to collaborate in interactive exercises. The Transportation Equity (TE) Certification will be awarded to participants who took Transportation Equity Fundamentals I and II courses. Each training is an 8-hour-live online course.
TE Certification Information:
Additional Transportation Equity Courses are available to earn the UFTI Transportation Equity (TE) Certification. TE Certification includes two modules of TE training, each module is an 8-hour-live training course. Participants can choose from the following courses (TE I & II OR TE II & III):
- TE I (Equitable Mobility and Effective Engagement)
- TE II (Equity and Accessibility-based Approach)
Please note, each course above must be registered for separately. To learn more about each of the courses, please visit the ITE Learning Hub here.
- Mehri ‘Mehrsa’ Mohebbi, Ph.D. | TE Program Director
- Joey Goldman | Vice President at Kearns & West
- Larry Schooler | Director at Kearns & West