- This event has passed.
Principles and Case Studies of Queue Management at Railroad Grade Crossings
February 28 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm UTC-5$79
This webinar is led by the ITE Joint Rail Grade Crossing Committee.
This webinar is the second of a two-part series that will provide an overview of ITE’s Preemption of Traffic Signals Near Railroad Grade Crossings Manual. This session will cover several queue management techniques including traffic signal coordination, pre-signals and queue cutter signals. Content will include images or various treatments along with case studies taken from real world installations. The webinar will also discuss some pavement marking and signage techniques along with MUTCD’s traffic signal warrant #9.
Attendees of this webinar will be able to:
- Understand the appropriate applications of signing and striping at rail grade crossings
- Describe the various techniques and strategies to manage queuing cross rail grade crossings
- Understand the use of pre-signals and queue cutters, including case studies
- Karen Hankinson, P.E., VP of Traffic Engineering | RailPros | Irvine, CA, United States
- Brent Ogden, P.E., Regional Vice President | Kimley-Horn | Los Angeles, CA, United States
ITE Members: Free
Registration for webinar includes the live event, an archived recording with access for 30 days to each registrant. If you are a non-member of ITE you will need to create an account to register. You can create an account here.
Instructions and link will be provided at the conclusion of the live event. Participants are able to purchase and retrieve their certificate until their access to the content expires. After the content expires and goes into archive, the certificate opportunity is forfeit.