- This event has passed.
Road Weather Spotlight: Workforce Planning
June 1, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm UTC-5Free
June 01, 2022 from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm EDT
Click here to register
The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Road Weather Management Program (RWMP) is launching the Road Weather Spotlight, a monthly webinar series discussing challenges of various road weather events, lessons learned, and practical solutions. The series will run the first Wednesday of each month May – October, 2022, and include a facilitated panelist discussion with an open Q&A for attendees.
The June 2022 webinar will focus on workforce planning – the challenges of labor shortages, the resulting service impacts, and various mitigation techniques. Speakers will include:
- David Johnson, Team Leader, FHWA Road Weather Management Program
- Rick Nelson, SICOP Coordinator, AASHTO
- Mitch Wood, District 6 Maintenance Manager, Iowa Department of Transportation
- Ben Dow, City of Fargo – Director of Public Works
- Bret Hodne, Public Services Director, City of West Des Moines, IA