- This event has passed.
Sustainable Transportation: Advanced Vehicle Technologies, Electrification, and Next-Generation Mobility
February 4, 2021 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm EST
The webinar will introduce the U.S. Department of Energy’s Sustainable Transportation programs, specifically transportation electrification and next-generation mobility.
The U.S. Department of Energy Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) leads U.S. researchers and other partners in making transportation cleaner and more efficient through solutions that put electric drive vehicles on the road and replace oil with clean domestic fuels. Through their Vehicle, Bioenergy, and Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Technologies offices, EERE advances the development of next-generation technologies to improve plug-in electric and other alternative-fuel vehicles, advanced combustion engine and vehicle efficiency, and produce low-carbon domestic transportation fuels.
The Vehicle Technologies Office supports research, development (R&D), and deployment of efficient and sustainable transportation technologies that will improve energy efficiency and fuel economy. These technologies increase America’s energy security, economic vitality, and quality of life. The Energy Efficient Mobility Systems (EEMS) Program envisions an affordable, efficient, safe, and accessible transportation future in which mobility is decoupled from energy consumption.
Attendees of this webinar will be able to:
- Awareness and understanding of the current space as it relates to advanced vehicle technologies and next-gen mobility both today and where it is going in the future.
- Provide an introduction and overview of DOE’s Sustainable Transportation programs.
- Recognize the Transportation Electrification efforts of the Vehicle Technologies Office.
- Describe Next-Generation Mobility and Energy-Efficient Mobility Systems.
- Michael Berube, Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary for Transportation | U.S. Department of Energy
- Steven Boyd, Program Manager, Batteries and Electrification; Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy | U.S. Department of Energy
- David Anderson, Program Manager for Energy-Efficient Mobility Systems; Vehicle Technologies Office | U.S. Department of Energy
ITE Members: Free
This fee includes a live web event, an archived recording, webinar evaluation, 1.5 PDH credits, and a certificate of completion.