- This event has passed.
What’s New in the 7th Edition of HCM – Highway Capacity Manual (2022) – Webinar Offered by McTrans Center
April 7, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm UTC-5$72
April 7, 2022 | 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. ET
This webinar is developed for transportation professionals who want to understand the major changes in the methods published in the 7th Edition (2022) of the Highway Capacity Manual (HCM). Experienced instructors who were directly involved in developing or peer-reviewing the new methods will provide a comprehensive summary of the major changes in the new methods, highlighting their applications, required inputs, and expected outputs.
- Methods for forecasting the effects of connected and automated vehicles (CAVs) on the capacity of freeways, signalized intersections, and roundabouts
- A completely updated two-lane highway analysis method
- A new Network Analysis method that allows the analysis of multiple facilities, as well as the analysis of queue spillback effects from one facility to another (e.g., from urban streets to freeways)
- A new pedestrian level of service measure for uncontrolled pedestrian crossings that are sensitive to the type(s) of safety countermeasures provided
- New signalized intersection pedestrian delay methods for two-stage crossings, two-leg crossings, closed pedestrian crossings, exclusive pedestrian phases, and more
- Analytical evaluation methods for urban street active transportation and demand management (ATDM) measures
Upon completion of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Be familiar with the methodological changes in the HCM 7th Edition
- Understand the applications of the new methods for real-world use cases
- Stay up to date with new features provided by the HCM and HCS
Behzad Aghdashi, Ph.D., PMP | Director at McTrans Center
Fabio Sasahara, Ph.D., PMP | Outreach and Training Team Lead at McTrans Center
For detailed speaker bios, please visit the ITE Learning Hub here.
ITE Member: $72.00
Important — Please allow 7 business days following purchase to receive course information. ITE will provide the McTrans Center with a roster of new registrants on a weekly basis. All content including web conferences, workshops, and distribution of PDHs will be delivered on the McTrans System. Please be sure to check your spam/junk folder for a link from McTrans Center to join the webinar.